Backflow Device Testing
Information about the Backflow Prevention Assembly Testing Certification is available on the Water Dept. Page
Water Rates & Meter Changes
Charlevoix Township Resolution 21-008
WHEREAS MCL 41.181 et. seq. grants Michigan Townships the ability to adopt ordinances and resolutions regulating the public health, safety and general welfare of persons and property; and,
WHEREAS Charlevoix Township has expended substantial amounts of monies since 2018 upgrading and improving the township water system; and
WHEREAS the Charlevoix Township Board has been presented with several proposals and documents from the Township Water Department regarding the current water rates, tap in fees and monthly service fees for township water users; and
WHEREAS a proposed increase in the monthly service fees and consumptions fees is necessary to maintain the quality of the Charlevoix Township Water System; and
WHEREAS the monthly service charge and consumption fee increase being proposed starting on July 12, 2021 is as follows:
Monthly Service Charge
3/4″ and 1″ = $17.50
1-1/2″ = $35.00
2″ = $50.00
3″ = $75.00
4″ = $175.00
6″ = $400
$2.00 / 1,000 Gallons (Non-Township Services- All rates have a 1.5 Multiplier for customers outside Charlevoix Township)
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED THAT the Charlevoix Township Board has adopted this Resolution on the date below.
# of Yes votes:____________
# of No Votes:____________
Charlevoix Township Meter Replacement Cost as of August 2021
|Meter Size||Meter Cost||Endpoint Cost||Total Cost|
|3/4″ & in||$210.21||$142.64||$352.85|
|6″ Fire Flow Rated||$11,730.94||$142.64||$11,873.58|
Short Term Rental Agreement
Charlevoix Township will be discussing the short term rental agreement as a part of the March meeting.
2019 Water Quality Report
2018 Water Quality Test Results
This report covers the drinking water quality for the Charlevoix Township Water System for calendar year 2018. This information is a snapshot of the quality of the water that we provided to you in 2018. Included are details about where your water comes from, what it contains, and how it compares to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) standards.
(NEW) Monitor Your Water Usage
Powered by Badger Meter in association with your water utility, EyeOnWater lets you connect to supported water utility accounts to you see how much water you’re using and can even alert you to possible leaks on your property.
Urban Deer Management
- Archery hunters are able to hunt in urban areas. There is no safety zone associated with archery equipment anymore so this is a viable option for many urban areas. They need the appropriate licenses to hunt during the season and we highly recommend that neighbors are made aware and are supportive of the hunting activities.
- Wildlife Services is an excellent option for urban areas since they are able to perform the removals efficiently and quietly.
- Managed Hunts- we have had these in the past, often times local law enforcement takes the lead with these. If it’s out of season we provide the permits and can help with guidance.
- Education campaigns are a big part of this in order to get approval from home-owners in many areas. It’s also important to educate about ways to deter deer from areas (certain plants are unpalatable for deer, no feeding of wildlife in these areas, etc.).
- If a hunter shoots a deer and it runs onto someone else’s property they are not allowed to retrieve the deer until they receive permission from the landowner. If the landowner doesn’t give permission the hunter must let the lie.
There are currently no new announcements. Please signup for our newsletter to be notified of any new announcements.